Departments who personally need to deliver a check to an individual or a vendor should do the following:
- Complete a Vendor Setup request to have the department's address added as a site in Oracle for the individual or vendor
- Use this vendor site when creating the requisition to have the check mailed directly to the department address
- Upon receipt, the department handles the delivery of the check to the individual or vendor
- If this is a one time delivery, or the address is no longer needed after a certain amount of time, the department should request that the department’s address be deactivated as a site for the individual or vendor
- To request a site be closed, please email the vendor/individual’s name and the appropriate departments address to be closed to email@example.com.
- Why does AP recommend that departments not have a check mailed to themselves to manually handle it in delivering to the vendor?
- As with any exception process, there is a greater cost to the University for transactions that do not follow a standard workflow. While there may be extreme circumstances in which a check absolutely must be handed to a vendor, this should be rare, and best practice is to have the check delivered to the vendor by standard US Postal Service process.
- What if there is a need to make sure the check is delivered via a specific method (e.g. FedEx or other express delivery)?