Detailed Instructions and FAQ
Please use the form found at the bottom of this page, and follow the instructions below to complete the process. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact AP at 5-8500 or email@example.com
This form is used to request an exception process for checks with the following special circumstances:
1. A deposit needs to be made prior to receiving a purchase
2. A pre-payment needs to be made on an item prior to order fulfillment
3. An item needs to be enclosed with the check when it is mailed to the vendor
4. The department needs to have the check sent via a special mailing service, such as FedEx
Deposit/Enclosure Form Instructions
Please follow the instructions below to assure that the form is processed immediately upon receipt in AP, and the check sent to the vendor on a timely basis.
1.Use HCOM to create a Requisition for the vendor, for the amount needed. Once approved, retrieve the appropriate PR or PO number to use on the form.
- Please note, forms submitted with a Requisition number instead of a PO/PR number will be returned to the preparer
2.Download the form from the link at the bottom of the page. Below is a list of all fields found on the form. Please note that all fields are required for the form to be processed.
Indicate type of payment to be made:
- Deposits/Partial Payment
- Select both if both apply
3.PR/PO: Enter the number of the HCOM Payment Request or Purchase Order.
- Please note, forms submitted with a Requisition number instead of a PO/PR number will be returned to preparer.
4.Request Date: The date that the department fills out the form to be submitted.
- Please note payment terms for transactions on this form are set to immediate.
5.Amount of Payment: The amount for which the payment should be made for (partial payment, dollar amount, etc.)
6.Prepared by: Please list first name, last name, and phone number for the Harvard employee completing the form. This is used in case there are problems or questions in processing.
7.Print the form once it is completed.
8.Please only print in black and white. Color prints will only be scanned in black and white.
9.This is the only form that will be accepted by AP to process deposit or enclosure. Forms with alterations or changes, Special Handling forms, and forms using requisition numbers will be returned to the department.
10.Include a copy of the contract or invoice with the proper pricing for the payment noted. PLEASE NOTE: Do not send a printout of the requisition from HCOM. These printouts will not be used, and may be sent back to the preparer with a request for proper documentation.
Deliver the form to:
AP 1033 Massachusetts Avenue, 2nd Floor