Setting up a new vendor is an online process using the Oracle application. You must be authorized for this Oracle responsibility.
• An Oracle login
• Authorized with responsibility to request vendors
You can email questions about setting up new vendors to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the step-by-step guide "Using the Vendor Request Form." In addition to new vendor set up, this work instruction covers how to:
- Search for existing vendor (supplier) and site
- Request a new site for an existing vendor
- Reactivate a vendor (supplier) and site
- Request a new vendor (supplier) and site
- View the status of submitted requests
For the most up to date copy of the IRS form W9, please see http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
Additional reference materials may be found in the Harvard Training Portal including:
- Setting up vendor type - Individual - Non U.S. Citizen
- Settng up vendor type - Business Expense Reimbursements - Foreign Individual (BER)
- Vendor Set Up checklists and forms, abbreviations, address standards and other materials
- For commonly recurring issues in the vendor setup process, please see our Vendor Setup Reminders.