Procedures for Applicants
1. Confirm eligibility. With proper approvals, the following individuals are eligible to apply for a Harvard Purchasing Card:
- Harvard University employee
- Affiliated hospital employee
- Harvard University graduate student
- Harvard University undergraduate student (requires financial dean approval; student must purchase routinely for the University)
Monthly External Post-Doctoral Students (MEPs), consultants and other non-employee contractors are not eligible to apply for a PCard.
2. Understand cardholder responsibilities.
- Read and understand the University's PCard policy.
- Complete the required online PCard training. Applicants must successfully complete training before a PCard will be issued.
- Applicants’ PCard Tub Administrators will contact them about any additional local PCard training requirements.
- PCard privileges nay be suspended or revoked for misuse or for failing to follow required procedures for Cardholders.
3. Submit an application.
- Complete and sign a PCard application form.
- Obtain the signature of supervisor on the application form (and financial dean’s signature if necessary)
- Submit the completed application form to the appropriate PCard Tub Administrator.
4. Receive the PCard.
- Receipt of the card will take approximately 7 – 10 business days
- The PCard Tub Administrator provides cards to applicants after the applicants have completed training.