Paper copies of 2016 Form W-2 will be mailed by January 31. To receive an email notification as soon as your W-2 is available for viewing, register with ADP and follow the instructions below
There are 3 ways to get copies of your 2016 Form W-2:
- Harvard’s ADP Portal. Use this to access your 2016 W-2 if you know your Harvard Key or HUID and pin/password. For your security, this log-in requires two factor authentication.
- Note that corrected Forms W-2 (W-2C) and Forms W-2 prior to 2015 are not available through ADP. Please use option 3 below if you need a duplicate copy of Form W-2C or option 2 below if you need Form W-2 for 2014.
2. PeopleSoft Self Service. Use this to access Form W-2 for all years 2014-2016 or to access corrected Forms W-2 (W-2C). Available only to active employees. In order to protect your confidential information, the Forms in PeopleSoft are not in the proper format for mailing to the IRS or state agencies, but they can be used for electronic filing.
- Go to the HARVie home page and click the PeopleSoft link in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Enter your HUID or Harvard Key and PIN#, then click Login
- Your W-2 can be found under Self Service
- Home > Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > View W-2. You will need to answer security questions to verify your identity
- Click on the Year End Form, a window will pop up to allow you to view and print your Form W-2
3. Payroll Customer Service. AFTER FEBRUARY 15 , you may order a copy of your 2016 Form W-2 by sending an email to email@example.com W-2 Reprints will be processed within 5 business days of the request. Please allow time for processing and mailing. We ask that you not call or email to check the status of your W-2 reprint until at least 10 days after you submit the request for W-2s that are being mailed through the US Postal Service, or at least 5 days for W-2s that are going to be picked up at 1033 Massachusetts Ave.
Email requests should include the following information:
- Either the first 4 digits of your HUID or the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Address to which you would like the duplicate mailed or indicate if you would like to pick up at 1033 Mass Ave
- The year or years of the forms you are requesting
If you have a Harvard email account, it is helpful to the payroll department if you can email your request from your Harvard email address.
If you still require assistance, please contact customer service at 617-495-8500, option 4 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Go Green – opt to receive next year's W-2 electronically without waiting for the mail. Update your preferences on the ADP site under myself>my options>paperless options