Use this step-by-step to activate your University issued Citi Card.
To Activate Your Card:
- Every Citi Card comes with an activation sticker applied to the front the card instructing the Cardholder to call in to activate prior to using it. The sticker reads as follows:
- For your protection, this Card cannot be used until you confirm that you have received it.
- In the U.S., please call 1 800-248-4553
- Outside the U.S., please call collect 904-954-7314
- When calling the activation number you will hear “Welcome to Citibank Customer Service, please have your account number ready so that we may assist you.” You will then hear a prompt explaining “if you are calling for technical assistance to press or say 1 now. For all other inquiries, please continue to hold for additional other options.”
- After a brief pause you will hear, “to expedite the handling of your call please touch tone or say your 16 digit account number.” You will then be asked to touch tone or say your verification code, which is five zeros followed by the last four digits of your Harvard ID.
- You will then hear, “please remain on the line until you hear verification of your account has been activated.”
- Please note: it is important that you stay on the line to hear the confirmation that your Card has been activated. If you drop off the line before you hear your confirmation, the Card will not be activated—and you will need to call back in and repeat the process, or, request to speak with a Customer Service representative and they can complete the activation for you.