The Central Accounts Receivable department provides a web-based billing and collection system for local units wishing to bill “external” customers.
If you have questions as to whether billing through Central AR is right for you or on how to complete the setup form, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will reach out to you shortly.
"External" customers include:
- Harvard affiliated individuals who pay for services or goods using their own funds rather than those of the University
- Non-affiliated individuals, corporations, universities, and hospitals that purchase goods and services from the University
Oracle Receivables is part of the Oracle Financial package, which includes General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Web Voucher and Budget Tool.
Using Oracle Receivables, local billing units at Harvard can:
- Create invoices and credit memos
- Answer invoice related customer inquiries
- Run AR reports to help track departmental receivables
- Record and schedule collection activities
Central AR is not used to bill actively enrolled students. Local units needing to bill actively enrolled students should contact the Student Term Bill office for instructions. Central AR does not process interdepartmental billings, which are processed by journal vouchers.